Chicken Coops Ideas

 Chicken Coops Ideas

DIY Chicken Coops | Farm-Raised Eggs | Huntsville TX




I've been looking around online for some ideas on how to inexpensively start up this Farm-Raised Eggs business idea. One of the largest expenses that you really cannot get around is finding secure housing for these chickens. While they may be grazing outdoors during the daytime, chickens must be put somewhere securely at night so they do not become dinner for larger predators. Here's some great ideas that I've come across thus far:

Kid's Playhouses Turned Coops

There's some great information online about how to do turn kids playhouses into chicken coops which I thought was a totally adorable idea that could be done very frugally. Instead of buying new, you could look on Facebook marketplace for used options that are going for very low prices. Then, you just need to find some (recycled?) lumber and some chicken wire. This entire coop could be done for less than $100 if you are resourceful. 

Use Recycled Trampolines

Like, what? This Pinterest Pin shows how you can make a chicken coop out of two trampolines and some other low-cost supplies. I'm in awe at how nice this looks! For me personally, I'd like to have more enclosed space for the birds to enjoy, but this is a great start for a coop that will reduce your costs and be environmentally-friendly.

Convert a Shed

Check out this blog on converting sheds to chicken coops. This is what I am planning to do for my chickens once I get to that point. I want to make a large outdoor run so they can get their days started without me needing to run out right at sunrise. Another note, I plan on using chicken wire to cover the bottom of the enclosure as well to discourage any animals that may try to dig under the walls. 

Comments

Popular Posts